- Provide an overview of programming languages and problem solving techniques.
- Develop programming skills with the understanding of the fundamentals and basics of C and C++ Languages.
- Give complete information about arrays, strings, functions, structures, and pointers.
- Provide complete understanding of classes and objects, constructors and destructors, and control structures.
- Enable the uses the memory management concepts.
- Provide understanding about the issues regarding file organization and the implementation of file systems.
- Impart knowledge about data structures including linked lists, stacks & queues, and binary tree.
Delegates will be able to:
- Write programs with the help of basic elements including control statements, arrays and strings.
- Edit, compile, execute and get hard copy of a simple program.
- Write a program using C++ arithmetic operators, input/output methods and appropriate manipulators for formatting.
- Implement user defined functions to understand the code re-usability.
- Gain complete understanding of bit fields and bit wise operations.
- Use pointers to overcome the memory access problems.
- Learn inheritance and its types for code reuse.
- Implement sorting and searching techniques in data structure.
- Use character data and string processing, and create their own data type.
- Understand the uses of both one dimensional and multi-dimensional arrays.
- Use exception handling to avoid exceptions during program executions.
- Get on over view of common data structures such as linked lists, stacks, queues, & tree.
- Develop sophisticated applications using enumerated data types, function pointers and nested structures.
C++ Object Oriented Paradigm
- Structured versus Object Oriented Development
- Elements of Object Oriented Programming
- Data Abstraction
- Exception Handling
Moving from C to C++
- Scope resolution Operator
- Variables aliases(reference variables)
- Parameters passing by References
- Inline functions
- Function Overloading
- Default Arguments
Classes and Objects
- Structures and Classes
- Class specification
- Class objects
- Class, Objects and memory resources
- Accessing class members
- Defining Member Functions
- Outside member functions as inline
- Accessing member functions with in class
- Data Hiding
- Passing Objects as arguments
Classes and Objects
- Friend Classes
- Static data members
- Static Functions
Constructors and Destructors
- Need of the Constructor
- Parameterized constructor
- Constructor overloading
- Constructor with default arguments
- Name less objects
- Copy constructors
- New and delete operators
- Dynamic initialization through constructors
- Over loadable operators
- Unary operator overloading
- Operator return values
- Name less Temporary Objects
- Limitations of Increment and Decrements Operators
- Binary Operator Overloading
- Overloading New and Delete Operator
- Comparison Operators
- Data Conversion
- Conversion between Datatypes
- Conversion between basic and Objects
- Conversion between Objects of different classes
- Assignment operator overloading
- Overloading with friend functions
- Derived class declaration
- Forms of inheritance
- Member Accessibility
- Constructors in derived classes
- Overloaded Member functions
- Abstract classes
- Multilevel Inheritance
- Multiple Inheritances
- Hierarchical Inheritance
- Multipath Inheritance
- Virtual Base Class
- Hybrid Inheritance
Virtual Functions & Polymorphism
- Need for virtual functions
- Pointers of derived class objects
- Definitions of Virtual Functions
- Pure Virtual Functions
- Dynamic Binding
- Rules For virtual functions
- Function Templates
- Overloaded Function Templates
- Multiple Argument Function Templates
- Class Templates
- Class Templates with overloaded operators
- Error Handling
- Exception Handling
- Try, throw, catch
- List of Exceptions
- Specified, Unspecified exceptions
- Handling Uncaught Exceptions
Streams Computation With console
- What are streams?
- Console Streams
- Unformatted, Formatted Console O/P
- Creating(string) objects
- Manipulating String Objects
- Relational Operations
- String Characteristics
Object-Oriented Systems Development
- Procedure-Oriented Development Tools
- Object-Oriented Notations and Graphs
- Steps in Object-Oriented Analysis
- Steps in Object-Oriented Design